We are currently on a mission to see if there is anything we can do as a group to help the local community during this worrying time, I may be looking for a few volunteers for this mission to deliver shopping and essentials to the elderly and most vulnerable, working with an amazing group of volunteers already doing this in the West Sussex area, we may be able to help expand this area 🌈🏍
If you would be interested in volunteering your time then please comment below and I will contact you all when I know more details ❤️
If you are interested then for example please comment with what your storage details are and the area you come from:
🏍 top box
SCB are known for doing good, helping charities and being a family of bikers who care about others so it would be nice to continue that throughout this crisis, please don’t just use this as an opportunity to go out joy riding! And if you are just joy riding then please don’t wear your SCB hoody, that is not something we as a group would be proud of and that is not what this is all about! It’s about being kind, being courteous and thinking of others 🏍❤️🌈
SCB have taken this children's hospice on as their main charity, throughout the year we do anything we can to raise money for the children and the hospice.
Raffle link that one of our Moderators and charity organizer "Marti Jeffs" has set up to raise money: https://www.facebook.com/groups/338017327491518/?ref=share
Chestnut Tree House is the children’s hospice for East Sussex, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove and South East Hampshire, caring for 300 children and young adults from 0-19 years of age, both at the hospice and in families’ own homes.
Chestnut Tree House offers support for the whole family including psychological and bereavement support, end of life and short break care and sibling support.
It currently costs over £4 million each year to provide all the care services offered by Chestnut Tree House. Families are never charged for their care and less than 6p in every pound is funded by the government, so we rely heavily on the generosity, help and support of the people of Sussex.
At Chestnut Tree House our goal is to provide the best quality of life for children, young people and their families, and to offer a total package of practical, social and spiritual support throughout each child’s life, however short it may be.
• Assessment, advice and information for children and young adults with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions 24 hours per day.
• Specialist short breaks, emergency and end of life care provided at Chestnut Tree House 24 hours per day.
• Support for the entire family following diagnosis through the whole disease process by the multidisciplinary team at Chestnut Tree House.
• Hospice at home and community care services for children and families in their own homes throughout East and West Sussex and South East Hampshire.
• Bereavement support which includes befriending, counselling and spiritual care.
• Support and advice on the transition from pediatric palliative care services to adult services.
Link to Chestnut Tree Website: https://www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk/about/